Saturday, December 20, 2008

What Am I Knitting?

The Pastiche Shawl is coming along nicely, but I'm feeling unenthused about the Purple Pullover. It's hard to get excited about a cotton sweater in the middle of cold winter weather. In search of some instant gratification, I have embarked upon a small project. Here it is.







Can't tell what it is? Oh, here, let me spread it out so you can see it better.







Still can't tell? Me neither. This thing in no way resembles that which it is destined to be. It looks like a cute little alpaca amoeba (nope, not knitting an amoeba). The pattern is interesting. And different. It features some techniques I haven't used in quite a while; the fingers are re-learning how to do this stuff.




I like the little twisty bits too. And it might actually turn out be a . . . . . . . well, what do you think? What is this blob going to be?

6 comments:

Kath said...

Hmm...well picture #1 makes me want to say a paramecium, but after picture #2 I'm going with Dasyatis brevicaudata. :)

Deravelled Gem said...

Is it a hat? Or a grapefruit warmer. The plight of the grapefruit in winter is much forgotten...

P.S - I love reading your blog!! :)

Gemma

Delighted Hands said...

I would guess a hat but I have never knit one lengthwise before! Hurry and finish so we can see! The patterning is beautiful!

Sharon said...

Not a pocket, not a purse - it has holes. Can't know.

Knitting Linguist said...

A hat? Hmmm... Inquiring minds want to know!

Marjorie said...

I don't have a clue. But it certainly looks interesting.